Shillong Lajong FC departed for Mizoram on Monday evening as they will participate in the Independence Day Celebration Invitation Football Tournament 2016 in Mizoram.
Lajong are placed in Group B, with teams, Bethlehem VT FC, Dinthar FC, Ramhlun North FC and Zo United FC.
Meanwhile, the teams in Group A are: AIFF U-19, Aizawl FC, Chanmari FC, Chanmari West FC and Chhinga Venga FC.
The tournament will kick off on the 25th July and Lajong will play their first match on the 29th July vs Bethlehem FC at 12pm.
Speaking to Lajong FC Head Coach, Thangboi Singto, about the upcoming tournament, he said, “This tournament is like a pre-season tour for the team which will help us prepare for upcoming football tournaments in the months to come. We are looking forward to a good and positive campaign in Aizawl.”
Lajong Travelling Squad to Mizoram:
- Phurba Lachenpa 2. Frolicson Dkhar 3. Neithovilie Chalieu
- Nim Dorjee Tamang 5. Sandeep Singh 6. Pritam Kumar Singh 7. Khlainbor Khongsit
- Joe Zoherliana 9. Lalmangaihsanga 10. Chiranjit Gogoi
- Joseph Lalfakzuala 12. Jacob Lalrawnbawla 13. Kagaly Anal 14. Ningombam Sana Singh 15. Novin Gurung 16. Alen Deory 17. Redeem Tlang 18. Bipin Singh 19. Akoijam Loyangamba 20. Hardy Cliff Nongbri
- Lalramuana 22. Samuel Lalmuanpuia 23. Milan Basumatary.
The Semi-Finals will take place on the 11th and 12th August while the Finals will be held on the 15th August 2016.